Well, at the first of the year I made the commitment to change my finances. Ive got really shitty credit. I CAN NOT get a car on the credit I have right now, I CAN NOT get a bank account because I owe 2 banks money and there is a credit card out there floating around.
SOOOO...today ive come up with a plan for myself - see where my money actually goes. Im have a spreadsheet with my paycheck amount every two weeks minus my monthly bills. My cell phone bill, mortgage, car insurance and student loan. Ive always just taken whatever the bill is going to be each month and pay half of it each paycheck. (I get paid twice a month and on the second paycheck I pay my bill.) NOW ive got that in there as my normail monthly expense and then Ive got a space to write in whatever I buy each day. I want to see where my money goes. I know that most of it goes to me buying lunch every day. But, if it ends up being better to take that $6-7 bucks a day and take it out of my money when I get paid and go grocery store shopping, I will. I know that its more cost efficent to buy groceries than food everyday, plus its better for you. But, its sometimes easier to just get fast food. BUTTT I need to eat healthier. Its def helped that im not living at home. Im not eating lots of fried shit anymore for dinner.
ANYHOW!
Im trying to get myself on the right path of spending. I need to build a savings! Its like priority for me. I do not have ANY money saved up right now. I know, thats bad. I like hand to mouth right now. Every paycheck gets spent, right down to the penny sometimes. Ive got to get out of that habit. I dont go out during the week anymore which saves on gas and just overall spending of money. I usually only go out on Fridays anymore and thats even if I have money to spare for a drink or two. I think im going to just stay at home more often to just save money.
I hope that this works for me. I hope that maybe seeing that my money is being spent on things that I dont really need, it might make me change my habits. I NEED it to change my habits.
Money...the root of all evil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment