Saturday, May 31, 2008

Just a chill as weekend...

Well, its nice to have a chill weekend. And this is the one. Two weeks ago I was in Alabama and last weekend was the weekend of Memorial Day. So I feel like I havent had a relax and do nothing weekend in a really long time.

Of course this weekend, I wish I had some money to go out and do something. Oh well. there is always next weekend...maybe. Depends on what happens at work.

There is my next subject. On Wednesday, I was called into the conference room with two of my bosses and I was told that I was not up to company standards. This is news to me as NO ONE has said anything to me before. (I know that being out of the office for a week didnt help.) I was completely shocked by their accusations that I dont know how to do things. REALLY?! I was told that I have a problem with telling my managers that I know how to do what they are asking me to do and then well, I dont do it the way they want. Again, this was a shock because no one has ever said anything before. I took everything they said to me and I spent the next two days working my ass off to get everything done. I didnt want anyone to tell me that I wasnt working or anything. So I just busted everything out. I got all my filing done that they said I dont do. And no I dont do it as often as I should but its hard to have to answer phones, help anyone who comes in the door, open and distribute mail and anything else that someone hands me that is IMPORTANT and still file. Yeah. So, I said fuck it. I forwarded the phones to the cordless, I went in the back and I filed. I filed for a good couple hours. I then I emptied my inbox out and now they cant say nothing. I have my everyday duties to do along with anything else that someone gives me for next week. It soooo pissed me off as they came to me not only on Wednesday but also on Thursday to say that because IIII SUPPOSEDLY didnt pay a bill, some power was turned off. Hm. That sounds familiar and I told them that some of the bills are being forwarded to the NC office and some in the past we NEVER got because whoever set up the account, put them as going to be paid online. But, thats my fault. I was told that because I didnt know how to do Excel very well...and I told them that from the very beginning, it was my fault that they were not correct after I printed them out and gave them out. Although, before I printed them out or even considered it, I always gave them to Eric to look over. Once he gave me the okay that I was good to go, I printed them. But, again...my fault. They had so many excuses as to why I wasnt up to par and they both knew that they were not true. I just took what was said and just did everything. Things would normally take a couple days, I knocked out in a couple hours. I dont want anyone to say anything to me when I tell them that I have nothing to do.

I know that this all stems from me being out for a week. They figured out that they could actually get things done and they dont need me. Thats fine. Fire me. That way I can collect unemployment. To hell with quitting. The only way I will do that is if I have another job lined up and I start immediately. I cant take time off as I do not have a way of paying bills and all that comes along with that.

I just hope that when I leave that they realize that they can not tell someone that they have to do this and that and more and only get paid shit. If I were just a receptionist, I couldnt argue about my pay. No one can afford to live off what I was making. Not with the economy as it is.

Well, anyhow. I am sitting on my back deck just listening to birds chirp and the cat meow to get my attention. I am sooo glad to just be chilling out not doing a damn thing. I lie. I have lots and lots of laundry to get done. But only because I know I am not going to want to do it tomorrow while my love is home. I am going to want to spend as much time with her as possible. I truly do miss her when she is not with me but I am at home. At least earlier this afternoon I spent time with Jessie. I wasnt alone. But I started getting a headache and I had to lay down and just watch some boring TV. Of course there is nothing on but whatever. I had that option of not doing a damn thing.

And with everything going on at work, I am in full force to find a job. I went online to a bunch of places and submitted my resume. I hope to hear back from someone or at least hear something from someone interested in my resume. I would love to find something other than receptionist work to do, but I cant seem to get any where else. I really need to put myself completely into my next job and push to move up that corporate ladder. Im also hoping that I win the lottery or come into some big money so I can quit working and be a full time stay at home wife. haha. I hate working. I dont like the feeling of not having a job when I need one. But, if I were to have enough money for the rest of my life, I might just want to start a company and that way once it was off the ground, I could hire someone else to do it. haha. And still get a paycheck. That would be the life. Unfortunitly I dont think I will be coming into any money any time soon.

But a girl can still dream cant she?

No comments: