Ugh. I hate being a receptionist. I am the messenger. I answer the phones coming in and make a couple outgoing ones. I dont do anything specific things for the company. Im not a manager or some dept. Im just the receptionist who happens to order some supplies every once in awhile.
I have to make phone calls to new home owners just asking them how the buying experience with us was and blah blah blah. Lots of questions and then a questionnaire. ALL the while doing this over the phone. A questionnaire over the phone isnt as easy as it sounds. Telling people to give you an answer with POOR, FAIR, GOOD, and EXCELLENT...they just dont seem to get it. When you ask the question they just say uh huh. And are waiting for the next question. OR you get the people who want to explain everything OR know NOTHING about anything your saying. Haha. So you are constantly repeating yourself. Ugh.
ANYHOW...so I called this woman yesterday and left a message. We have been trying to get ahold of her for a couple months now. Well, she calls me...and I guess shes on the title and not on the loan (her daugher is), so I couldnt find her at first...and shes like MY NAME IS ATKINS. Im like ok...im looking for you, give me one moment. Finally I found her and whatever. So I ask this question.... “How has everything been for you up to this point with the purchase of your home?” And then the flood gates were opened. “WHAT?! How have things been? Well, lets start...” And she goes on and on for about 15 mins. Im taking notes and saying uh huh, uh huh, uh huh. So after I reassured her that this is not how PCS operates and that im personally sorry that this happened to her, she calms down and I tell her that I will forward all that shes just mentioned to me, to the big boss and he will sort thru it. So, I hang up the phone and Ive never been so relieved to get off the phone. I mean, I couldnt have handled her if she were face to face with me. She probably would have made me cry. Haha.
So needless to say...Im NEVER going into Phone Sales. Hell to the No. Id rather work at McDonalds. No, I lied. That job is pretty much like Phone Sales. Haha. You have to take peoples orders and hope the cooks make it right cuz otherwise they will give you a piece of their mind. Im doomed forever.
People totally underestimate a receptionist. Everyone always takes it out on the receptionist because we are the first ones they talk to.
IM ONLY DOING MY JOB PEOPLE!!! Its not my fault your house wasnt built right. I DIDNT BUILD IT!!! I dont own the company. And I sure as hell dont make enough money to listen to your ass yell at me. Pst.
...I just need to listen to Ludacris rap it out. He understands how hard it is to live a hard knocks life. :)
I have to make phone calls to new home owners just asking them how the buying experience with us was and blah blah blah. Lots of questions and then a questionnaire. ALL the while doing this over the phone. A questionnaire over the phone isnt as easy as it sounds. Telling people to give you an answer with POOR, FAIR, GOOD, and EXCELLENT...they just dont seem to get it. When you ask the question they just say uh huh. And are waiting for the next question. OR you get the people who want to explain everything OR know NOTHING about anything your saying. Haha. So you are constantly repeating yourself. Ugh.
ANYHOW...so I called this woman yesterday and left a message. We have been trying to get ahold of her for a couple months now. Well, she calls me...and I guess shes on the title and not on the loan (her daugher is), so I couldnt find her at first...and shes like MY NAME IS ATKINS. Im like ok...im looking for you, give me one moment. Finally I found her and whatever. So I ask this question.... “How has everything been for you up to this point with the purchase of your home?” And then the flood gates were opened. “WHAT?! How have things been? Well, lets start...” And she goes on and on for about 15 mins. Im taking notes and saying uh huh, uh huh, uh huh. So after I reassured her that this is not how PCS operates and that im personally sorry that this happened to her, she calms down and I tell her that I will forward all that shes just mentioned to me, to the big boss and he will sort thru it. So, I hang up the phone and Ive never been so relieved to get off the phone. I mean, I couldnt have handled her if she were face to face with me. She probably would have made me cry. Haha.
So needless to say...Im NEVER going into Phone Sales. Hell to the No. Id rather work at McDonalds. No, I lied. That job is pretty much like Phone Sales. Haha. You have to take peoples orders and hope the cooks make it right cuz otherwise they will give you a piece of their mind. Im doomed forever.
People totally underestimate a receptionist. Everyone always takes it out on the receptionist because we are the first ones they talk to.
IM ONLY DOING MY JOB PEOPLE!!! Its not my fault your house wasnt built right. I DIDNT BUILD IT!!! I dont own the company. And I sure as hell dont make enough money to listen to your ass yell at me. Pst.
...I just need to listen to Ludacris rap it out. He understands how hard it is to live a hard knocks life. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment